About Me

My photo
Welcome ... It was a night as black as the pupil of my eye that led the passing wanderer into my soul ... browse around and enjoy the view.

Monday, November 11, 2013

Balancing Social Media and Your Sanity

Promoting your business in this social environment is a little like asking someone to solve a Rubik's cube: A standard Rubik's cube has 43,252,003,274,489,856,000 possible positions and only ONE final solution. So the odds of solving it are over 43 quintillion to one.

There seem to be a quintillion places for me to be and only one of me to go around. I've got to tweet about it, post to Instagram, update my Facebook status, share pictures and articles and witty little tidbits, post listings on Etsy and eBay, share from these sites back over to Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, favorite and retweet or quote retweet, blog about it all, keep up on who is following me and who has decided to unfollow me. Oh yeah! I also need to do artwork in order to have something to tweet, post, update, share ... you get the picture.

With my mind running through all the places to to help bring visibility you can see how it could start to feel a bit like the image below.

BUT: What good does it do for me to avoid this environment? You can avoid the turmoil or enjoy the ride. The road to success is to jump in, hang on, and enjoy the ride! Find the silver lining and realize that in the end all of this brings visibility and gets my artwork in front of more people than just keeping it in an extra room in our house.

It's a labor of love and so rewarding to see everything come to life and out there as a "Shop" on Etsy, a listing on eBay, a commissioned piece on the new owner's wall. It's all so exciting.


Facebook: ArtByLarina
Instagram: larinajo
Twitter: ArtByLarina
Etsy: ArtByLarina
Blogspot: (you're already here)
Pinterest: Larina L'Etoile
... Google me: Larina L'Etoile
Flickr
Tumblr
StumbleUpon
Vine
Pheed
eBay

No comments:

Post a Comment